Friday, July 2, 2010

Kitchen Remodel



I met John at the appliance store yesterday and we agreed on the 48" range (GE Monogram). Then it was on to the dishwasher. While the Monogram is beautiful and has interior lights (never had a light in the dishwasher before, I really kinda like the Kitchen Aid. On to the microwave. I really thought this was a no brainer, but John didn't like the looks of the cabinet mounted GE... we decide on a Viking. Darrell, the appliance guy, told us that the ventilation hood that we liked, low profile, only came in a 42 inch and we couldn't use that on a 48" range. We both ended up liking the huge professional kitchen ventilation hood that GE Monogram makes. That was a surprise. What's missing? Oh yeah, the refrigerator. I will NOT buy another side by side. All the free-standing, which we need, have grey sides, not stainless. We came home and checked out Sub Zero. They have what we want, but very expensive. I'm looking back at the GE Monogram site and their fridge looks like it is all stainless... guess I'll be calling Darrell today.

No comments:

Post a Comment