Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Decorating

No pictures, but by the end of this post, you will understand...

I have a good friend who DECORATES for Christmas. I mean she takes her whole house and re-decorates the whole thing... it's full of bling, a very Southern thing. I'm serious, her house is beautiful, it could be in any magazine and I love going over there.

I'm not that type and I don't think I will ever be. This year, I really just don't feel like doing the whole "Christmas" thing. I have a few Mark Roberts Fairies (3), a centerpiece on the breakfast room table, a few decorations here and there. John always get stressed by Christmas decorating and because we weren't home the day after Thanksgiving, it just seems to be too much work for 3 short weeks. Yesterday John and Stephanie were starting to put up the 7 foot Christmas tree and I said NO! I don't want the work, I don't want the stress.

We ended up buying a pre-decorated 4 foot tree that I added my two small fairies to and it's perfect for my mood this year. No big deal, but pretty. I don't need to add anything, including pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment